May 31, 2012

Baby Names!



Last night I was cleaning up my room and I decided that I want to start journaling more like I used to when I was a teenager, so I dug up one of the very first little notebooks I ever started scribbling in. I used this little notepad when I was a teenager in German school and also when I was in college. I would jot down to-do lists, homework assignments, lyrics from songs I liked and I even wrote my own little poems and lyrics too.

Anyway, it was fun to flip through this little thing because it had my original list of baby names that I liked. When I was like 15 or 16, I carefully read through the entire baby name book that my parents had and wrote down all the girl names and boy names that I liked! I don't know why it was so entertaining to me at that age, but it was! When I read over the list last night, I cringed at some of the names I used to like!! But overall, I was surprised with how many of them I still like. And get this: we have even used one of the boy names on my list!! How cute to think that my 15 year old self actually included the name that I would name my son almost 10 years later. :)

girls:
Annelise
Amber
Ariel
Chantale
Chloe
Christine
Kora (I still LOVE this name but Steve doesn't :( If I could use it though, I'd write it with a "c")
Danielle
Diane
Eden
Hazel
Aveline
Kirstine
Marielle
Meriel
Michelle
Michaela
Natalie (Whenever we have a girl, we've already decided we're going to name her Natalie Marie :)
Noel
Noelle
Opal (really?!)
Sadie
Violet
Vivian
Vivienne
Marion

boys:
Bentley
Caleb
Cedric
Charles :/
Connor
Daniel
Ethan
Florian (I realize this sounds super feminine in English, but it doesn't in German.)
Gabriel
Heath
Isaac
Jeremiah (I would nickname him "Jem" like in "To Kill a Mockingbird" Steve would never let me ;)
Joel (I still LOVE this name too, but we already have a Cole. Cole and Joel together is just wrong.
Jonah
Julian
Keith
Leon
Lucas
Martin
Merrill
Micah
Morgan
Nicholas!!!!!!!
Paul (I still like this name. I don't know why.)
Phillip
Raphael (this has a nice sound to it but now it just seems too "Greek God" to me)
Robert
Scott
Seth
Simon
Ives (I don't know what I was thinking.)

What do you think of my list?

7 comments:

  1. that is such a great list! i need to make a list some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally remember going through that baby name book with you! How funny that you wrote so many down. I think you should use Paul next - it's such a cute name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun list. I think we are all baby name obsessed!! haha We were then; we are now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WISH I had kept my list!! I think I had even stolen some names from Jem and Holograms!! lol! It's funny how your taste changes...just last year we had a few names picked out for my son and now we don't like any of them! Btw, I LOVE the names Gabe and Cedric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one LONG list . . . I guess you need to have a lot of kids!

    ReplyDelete