August 22, 2012

So In LOVE!



Three years ago today I sang this song I wrote for my love on our wedding day. This is the first time I'm posting this footage for the whole world to see and it's nothing less than a little embarrassing!!!!!

I'd like everyone to know that I prefaced my song by saying:

"I don't exactly have a performing voice so we'll just take this as a sign of my love for Steve."

Of all things, this phrase was cut out of the video (not by me), I have no idea where it went. While I'm at it, I'd like to add that Christian hummed a harmony during each chorus, his mic just wasn't loud enough so no one heard. It was so pretty though! Oh well.

In any case, it was so fun to write this little song the week before our wedding as I road-tripped with my family from Utah to Washington. Every time I hear it, I remember myself coming up with lyrics, making changes, switching words around as I looked out on the Idaho/Montana countryside. 
To a real song-writer it might not be anything special, but to me the words were from the bottom of my heart. I love Steve so much. I feel so lucky that we have each other forever. We both make each other want to be the best people we can be. I'm so lucky because if nothing else in this life, I know what it's like to truly love someone, and to be truly loved by someone else. And plus, we have a really cute kid too :)

Ok, that's all of my sappiness for now.

Happy 3rd anniversary, Steve!

So please, lower your volume and watch me sing this little love song ;)

"So in love"
by Lauren Allred, music by Christian Allred

I lay my head down
and shut these tired eyes
Rewind, let's hear it again
You say I'm too pretty for this
You say I'm too pretty for that

And suddenly 
there I was so in love, so in love
And suddenly 
there I was so in love, so in love

My thoughts go back once again
a silly love song stuck in my head
I know I took my sweet time
good-bye babe, thank you for the ride
as he pulls me back in
and plants one right on my..chin!!

And suddenly
there I was so in love, so in love
And suddenly 
there I was so in love, so in love

I'll happily hold you while I focus on forever
and I will love you even longer than that
I'll happily hold you while I focus on forever
Forever
and I'll love you even longer, I'll love you even longer than that

And then I roll over again
Once more, in my head
blue eyes, so intently
at me, looking so kind
there you are on one knee
asking me
will you forever be mine?

And suddenly 
there I was so in love, so in love
And suddenly 
there I was so in love, so in love
And suddenly
here we are, here are
here we are so far

Will you forever be mine?

7 comments:

  1. Aww that song is so sweet! You have such a pretty voice! I love how musical your family is! Happy Anniversary Lauren and Steve! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Lauren!! I love it :) You made such a beautiful bride. And your song is so so sweet. Steve's a lucky guy! Happy Anniversary, you two :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo sweet!!!! Your family is so musically inclined, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful lyrics! Makes me want to write a love song to my hubby ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a wonderful job on that song. I'm so glad you could post it. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe that it's been THREE years! That is so crazy to me. You guys are such a great couple and I love the song you wrote for Steve. How priceless to have it on camera. :)

    ReplyDelete