September 7, 2017

Labor Day Weekend 2017: Allred family reunion in Seattle, WA!


Untitled
^^My favorite beach ever^^
UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled

This was such a fun weekend!! First things first: My parents have moved from Germany to Seattle, WA! Let me repeat that: MY PARENTS LIVE IN WASHINGTON NOW!! That is exactly 5 hours from my house!! I can hardly believe that this is real life but I am so so happy!! There will be many trips to Seattle in our future!

My mom had this family reunion planned since the beginning of this year. Bryant would be home from his mission and my parents would have just left Germany so a reunion over Labor Day weekend was in order. And since Marie has a nice big house to host lots of people, we did it at her place! Everyone arrived by Friday evening, Marie made us a nice enchilada meal and my mom had a little name game and gave each family a bag full of German candy (YUMMMM) and she got all the grandkids the cutest Heidelberg tshirts! Oh I love them! Then we roasted smores around the fire that evening. The kids surprisingly didn't last long because they were serious about having a Taylor Swift dance party in the bonus room in the house. LOL. It was so fun seeing the cousins have so much fun together. I hope they have only fond memories of all of this ♥

On Saturday we took the foot ferry from Port Orchard into Bremerton. That was an event in and of itself! Everyone loved it. In Bremerton, we went to the Naval Museum which was perfect because there was this fun room dedicated just for kids! And afterwards, there was a splash pad type park that the kids had so much fun at! Steve made his cowboy burgers for everyone that afternoon and that was no easy task! They were so good!!! After lunch, we went to my favorite beach ever: Narrows Beach which overlooks the Tacoma Narrows Bridge and I just love it! Cole jumped right in, like he always does. It doesn't matter how cold it is, he is all about it haha. He could stay out playing in the water and sand all day and never get hungry, I swear.

That night we ordered pizza and then we did our skits!!! Our skits were so much fun!! Seriously, I was impressed with everyone's skits. It's kind of stressful getting the skits together. You know, coming up with a good plot, getting the kids on board, getting your husband on board. But we pulled it off and I think everyone did a pretty dang good job. They were all hilarious!!

Sunday was fast Sunday and we took up almost 3 pews at church! We had spaghetti for dinner. #tradition and then did family pictures in the evening. I don't know why, but I love getting family pictures. Something about seeing all my boys in their best outfits and their hair all cute makes me love them that much more ;) It was awesome to have all of my immediate family in a picture too. That hasn't happened since our wedding in 2009! Eight years ago!! That evening, we witnessed the men play a little song with their guileles that my mom got for each of them for their birthdays last year. Steve has no clue how to play one but even he had a little role and he pulled it off pretty well! Good job, babe! We ended the night with Bryant showing us pictures from his mission and telling us stories and it was so fun to hear about it all. We also had angel food cake that night for dessert (my dad's favorite) and it was so good!!

Monday was Labor Day and Emma and her family sadly had to leave already that day. They drove all the way from Utah and were only able to stay for 2 days, so kudos to them for doing that!! That's a whole lotta driving in one weekend. With four little kids! The rest of us took the ferry into Seattle. My dad paid for everything which he didn't have to do, and which was not cheap! We went on the ferris wheel, "The Great Wheel of Seattle" and my kids loved that! We walked around Pike's Place Market and we went to lunch together at this cafe in the market and the food was soooo good! We had to say our goodbyes after that so that we could make our way back home since Steve had work the next morning. But our goodbyes weren't even sad since I know that I'm going to see my family so much more now!! I am seriously so thrilled about it. We couldn't have lucked out more ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment