October 31, 2016

This is T H I R T Y


UntitledUntitled

I'm thirty years old! Wow!! In my head I feel like I'm still 22 so it's weird to actually be in my 30s now. I honestly thought that I would still be pregnant on my birthday so actually having Crew in my arms was the best birthday gift ever. Can you imagine being 40 weeks pregnant on your 30th birthday?! Haha. I'm glad I didn't have to experience that ;)

I quite honestly didn't want anything for my birthday; having a baby is enough and a little overwhelming anyway. When I got home from the hospital the day before my birthday, I walked into the house and found the dining room and kitchen all decorated!! My friends really outdid themselves and put up so many balloons, streamers and a huge tinsel "30" on my mantel. I thought it was so sweet of them. I really didn't expect it because they had already thrown me a baby shower a couple weeks before which they did not have to do since this is my third boy! I have enough clothes for baby boy, believe me ;) It was so nice of them.

And then the next day they showed up at my door in the afternoon, sang me happy birthday, embarrassed me with "30" glasses and a banner and then gave me sooo many treats, so many goodies and so many gifts! And last of all, a super cute box full of 30 notes where they wrote down 30 things they loved about me. I was so so touched! They said some of the sweetest things anyone has ever said about me. I feel so lucky to have such thoughtful friends in my life. They went above and beyond and they really didn't have to!

Steve asked me if I wanted him to take me to dinner for my birthday or to a movie and I was like nooooooo. Haha. I don't like to leave the house for at least two weeks after baby is born so I told him I didn't want anything. I can't even wear a bra yet without it hurting so going in public does not sound fun! Haha. He decided to finish painting the baby's crib since that never got finished before the baby was born and it was the best gift! He also painted the changing table for me and it all turned out so cute. I can't wait to decorate his nursery, I just haven't had the energy yet.

I wish I could say that I finished everything on my 30 before 30 list but nope, not even close. I'll have to go over everything another time when I have a chance.

So, this is THIRTY!! Here's to a new decade!! I can hardly believe I'm here but I have no complaints. I love my life. I love my friends. I love my family. I love my husband. What would I do without him by my side? 30, you're not so bad when I have such great people in my life. How can I possibly complain about getting older. I have a lot to be thankful for ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment