August 6, 2015

Hermes Reunion 2015


IMG_5185IMG_5191IMG_5218IMG_5219IMG_5238IMG_5228IMG_5249IMG_5251IMG_5254IMG_5265IMG_5273IMG_5293IMG_5304IMG_5294IMG_5295IMG_5315IMG_5311IMG_5305IMG_5296IMG_5345

Harrison, ID.

Every year, on the third weekend in July, my mother's three Aunts (her dad's little sisters) get all of their families and extended families together for a Hermes family reunion. For the past several years it's taken place at a campground on Lake Coeur d'Alene called Bell Bay and this year my family and Marie's family joined in on the fun. And Christian and Lissie even drove up all the way from BYU for the weekend. We were lucky because we only live an hour away! Almost everyone else had to drive much farther to get there.

Looking at these pictures, you can probably tell that it was non-stop fun for Cole. He looooooves his cousins and he now knows that he loves camping! As we were setting up the tent shortly after we arrived, Cole declared "This is the best camping trip EVER!" It was also his first time camping :) He ran around the campground with Juju and all the other kids and had the time of his life. I love that he got to spend time with them. He was so happy :)

I also love those soft billowy clouds that almost don't even look real. But I promise they are! They're one of my favorite things about this place! The weather was also perfect and the water was surprisingly warmer than I thought it would be! We put our husbands in charge of the kids and made sure to have us four siblings jump in the lake together. SO FUN. I wish I could have spent more time with them. I hadn't seen Lissie since April last year and I hadn't seen Christian since December 2012. It's sad how spread out we all are now!

I wish that everything had been perfect, but unfortunately both Steve and Logan were sick. Logan was SO sick. He had pink eye in both eyes and a fever too. Since we only lived about an hour from the campground, I went down on Friday with Cole and Marie and her family. And Steve stayed home with Logan that day to see if they could both recover. On Saturday they came up for the day but they were both still pretty sick. That's why there's no pictures of them swimming, just napping. I ended up coming home that evening with them because it just worked out better that way. I wish they hadn't been sick because I know that Logan would have had so much fun! It was a little stressful for me too, to not have Steve there to help me. But oh well. We made it and I'm hoping that next year I won't have any sick kids. I've had really bad luck with that lately. Haha.

Sometimes things don't always play out perfectly, but either way I'm glad I got to spend time with family that I haven't seen in years. (oh and the food was a m a z i n g too. My great aunts don't play around!;)

And here's the rest of the pictures from my phone!
   UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled

No comments:

Post a Comment