January 14, 2014

I just love having a baby.


IMG_3324bwIMG_3325colorIMG_3379bwIMG_3382bw

I just love having a baby. It really makes me so happy. I remember feeling this way when Cole was born; I was completely obsessed with him. I always knew I wanted to be a mom but I wasn't expecting to love it so much. I just really loved it. I loved being his mom. And of course I still love it but now that Logan is here, I'm having the same feelings I had after Cole was born: I am completely obsessed with him!

There's something about having an adorable innocent little baby cuddled up next to me every morning when I wake up. I love how Logan prefers to sleep on his left side with his arms up by his face and his head arched back a little bit. Whenever he's in this position, I always think he resembles a little puppy. You know when puppies are first born they're just teeny little things that can't open their eyes yet?! That's what he reminds me of and it's completely endearing. Not to mention he makes these little grunting noises all the time :) And every morning he seems to have inched his way closer to me so that he's right up next to me. ♥

I love the way he looks at me. When we lock eyes, he always seems to blink very slowly and when he does it I feel like he's saying to me: Please take care of me. And I love taking care of him. I loved nursing Cole and I love nursing Logan too. When he gets fussy I love how he calms down the minute he hears my voice like he's trying to be patient as I get ready to feed him. And I love how he smacks his lips when he's ready to eat. Pretty much everything he does right now is the cutest thing ever. I just love having a baby and I feel like such a lucky lucky mama to have him :)

4 comments:

  1. Holy smokes! These photos are beautiful. Baby basking in sunlight. :) He sounds like such a sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sweet words! You are such a beautiful and wonderful mother, and these pictures are gorgeous. Those boys are so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post! I felt the same (obviously) with my kids but I KNOW I appreciated much more the second time around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That is the sweetest, most beautifully written post ever. I can just picture his every little move. He is such a sweet little baby, and you are an incredible mother. Those boys are incredibly lucky to call you mama.

    ReplyDelete