July 9, 2012

an all-american parade



I've never been in a parade before, but thank goodness for scouts, I got to get all cute in my scout shirt {kidding} and participate in the local parade with our cub scouts! They had decorated their bikes all patriotic-like the day before and at 9 am on the 4th, we (tried to) beat the heat and took our positions in the parade!

I was one of the banner-carriers and half of these pictures I took one-handed while carrying the banner as we walked. I like to think I'm pretty talented because it was harder than it sounds ;) It was kind of torture because here we were in this cute little 4th of July parade and all I wanted to do was stop and take pictures of everything around me and I couldn't! :(  HOWEVER, before the parade started I did get up the courage to ask Uncle Sam there if I could get his picture. I don't know why I was hesitant at all because you would think that if someone is going to get into a costume like that, they're expecting their picture to be taken, right?! From what I saw in the parade (because when you're IN a parade, you only see what is in front of you and what is behind you) Uncle Sam was the coolest :)

Although I was run into from behind by a cub scout on his bike no less than three times, I'd still say that being in the parade was pretty awesome because:
#1 I got to wear that baseball-shaped whistle. Legit.
and #2 my 4th of July was complete the minute I snapped that picture of Uncle Sam.

And did I mention that we also went to the zoo on this same day? Yep. Just wait until I post pictures of that. You never knew I could drag out my fourth of July into three whole posts. All out of order too ;)

4 comments:

  1. So much fun! Love the first photo, god bless America! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I love that whistle. So hilarious!!! You're such a good sport. I so would've loved to see you in that parade!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a total 4th of July blowout! Wish I could have watched you in the parade :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goo Lauren! Way to represent the Boy Scouts of America. I couldn't think of a better gal for the job! :)

    ReplyDelete