June 10, 2012

from my spot on the couch



This week was a fail when it came to making dinner! So sad; I think I only made dinner twice. Something about the heat makes me not want to make dinner anymore. And I think both Steve and I are over our "big salads before the main course" thing we've been doing since November. In fact, I think it's because I don't want to eat a salad (and the heat) that's making me not want to make dinner. Awful, I know.
Anyway, I was thinking about all of this as I was being lazy on the couch this evening. Cole was taking his post-church, evening nap (he slept til about 7 which always makes for an interesting bedtime later on)  and Steve was gone somewhere so I was left to take self portraits of myself and post them on instagram. And also some feet pictures, of course. I thought about how lazy I've felt and how all I want to do nowadays is just take pretty pictures. Everything else just stresses me out! 
Getting up early and taking Steve to school so I can have the car: stresses me out.
Waking up early at all: stresses me out.
Buckling Cole up into the car and taking him to the store and running errands: stresses me out.
Going to the pool just me and Cole: stresses me out.
I do all of these things anyway, but seriously how lazy can I be?! Well, here's to making this next week better than the last. If I can make dinner at least 3 times I'll call it a success ;)

ps, someone told me today that I looked very "one with nature" and "earthy." 


I think it's a sign that I need to just go ahead and become a certified yoga instructor.
Seriously though, I've been giving that a lot of thought lately!

4 comments:

  1. Time to get up off of that couch and do some yoga! haha. Dinner and waking up early are challenges for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get easily stressed, too. And I echo mom, I don't like dinner and early rising, either! Oh, and I love your pretty, earthy hair. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. That is the funniest thing I have ever heard: You look one with nature? And earthy? That makes it sound like you have dirt on your face or something. Oh man. Your hair does look so so gorgeous! And you definitely don't look dirty. ;) But a certified yoga instructor sounds awesome!!
    And holy cow, Jake couldn't believe I made dinner on Sunday. Yup, it's been that kinda week for me too :)
    And going out anywhere with the girl? Yup, stresses me out too! Haha. Stress must be an Allred gene ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it's just a "phase" your going through!! Actually, I think you should enjoy being lazy if you have the time for it! lol!

    ReplyDelete