October 30, 2014

Washington, D.C.


IMG_9701IMG_9716IMG_9718IMG_9708IMG_9723IMG_9725IMG_9729IMG_9735IMG_9737IMG_9747IMG_9752bwIMG_9754IMG_9757IMG_9760IMG_9762IMG_9766IMG_9763IMG_9774IMG_9772

I was only in DC for less than 24 hours, but I really lucked out with how beautiful it was outside when I was there. It was relatively warm for late October and it was clear blue skies. Pretty much heaven. We checked into our hotel late Saturday afternoon and spent that entire evening doing a handful of the touristy things: The White House, The Monument, The Lincoln Memorial (my personal favorite of the three!)

After the sun went down, we went to this fancy and very trendy looking restaurant that Matthew had made reservations for. It was my suspicion that this restaurant didn't get children that often, and definitely not 2 at once!! But everyone was very nice to us, even when our babies were being loud. What I thought was so so sweet was the fact that Matthew paid for everything!! And it was not cheap. And on top of it all he paid the bill to our hotel as well. He really spoiled us rotten the entire time we were there.

I don't really know what I was expecting, but DC really was so beautiful and clean, I really loved it and wish that I could have stayed longer! Thanks to Emma for making the trip with me and thanks to my brother Matthew for being such a generous host. I love you both so much ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment