July 13, 2014

Making a house a home.


IMG_6428IMG_6440IMG_6488IMG_6493IMG_6491
^^This is how we're feeling about our new place :)^^

So, about a month ago we moved into our new little home. For whatever reason it was cheaper to rent a house with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, than it was to rent an apartment with the same features. So that's what we did! And we love it! It is in the best location; in a very family friendly area, close to parks, literally right across the street from the library and super close to grocery stores and the farmers market. I just love our new little home. We got spoiled by Steve's parents who let us live with them for the past six months, but we knew it was time to leave, especially when we found this great place to live in.

Before we even knew where we would be moving into, I had this vision of lining my kitchen window sill with little plants. I found those cute mugs for a dollar each and bought them knowing exactly what I would do with them. Actually, I'm pretty proud of myself for making my little vision a reality, even if it is very simple (and also one of the only things I've done so far, still! I have yet to put and pictures of us on the wall!) I found those cute plants at our local farmer's market. They were also only a dollar each and so I bit the bullet and bought them ;) I was a little nervous that I would kill them instantly but the lady I bought them from said they would be very hard to kill, so I figured it would be worth a try. And so far they are thriving! And I'm thrilled! It makes me want to buy lots and lots of plants! Because suddenly I feel like I can handle the whole plant thing since I've managed to keep those babies alive for three weeks now ;)

I have lots more ideas of what I want to do with our home, it just won't be as easy (or inexpensive) to see them through, but with time I'll get there. I'm excited to make this little house of ours a home ♥

2 comments:

  1. You are doing such a good job! Your home is seriously so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea...and congrats on the new home! I bought a bunch of Provencal-inspired pots in the south of France years ago and I still have them BUT I've yet to make use of them! Actually, I have them in Italy and forget to bring them home with me every summer ;-)))

    ReplyDelete